Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OH Canada

Yes... I'm still in Canada. And yes... I should have been on a plane right now.

I was all packed and ready to go at 1:30am this morning, with my suitcases by the front door, when I e-mailed the school to let them know I was leaving in half an hour and that I didn't have my e-ticket from them yet. What a disapointment... like being all dressed up and having nowhere to go.

Long story short the school's recruiter said there had been a mixup and I was actually flying out tomorrow morning... something about my director wanting me a day early at first but then changing his mind. At least the recruiter took total responsibility, explaining that it was his fault and that he was really sorry. So it's hard to be mad.

The worst part is that dad had already rented a car and organized a meeting in Toronto because he knew he had to take me. So after lots more confusion today and talk of me taking a shuttle, going into Toronto with him today and staying in Burlington or Oakville or staying at a hotel, we finally decided that it would be easiest for dad to take me tonight Which means that dad's visa will also be there to pay for my overweight baggage. Hurrah! Poor Nanee though, I've said goodbye to her about 4 times and I think she's a little confused.

So now I wait again. I should probably be doing some reading or writing an assignment that's due this weekend, but I figure I have oh about 17 hours on a plane to get it done.

So hopefully this time I'll really be in Korea when I write next...

Crossing my fingers!!

No comments: